Published on February 28th, 2019 | by Natural Awakenings Publishing Corp.0
Helpful Workout Tips
Before and After:
- Use a nasal saline spray beforehand
- Change clothes and shower after outdoor exercise; wash
workout clothing exposed to pollens.
- Wraparound sunglasses to avoid allergens getting into eyes
- A breathable mask to filter allergens during outdoor activity
- In the morning when pollen and mold counts are highest
- When it’s warm, dry or windy outside
- On busy roads where exhaust fumes can irritate bronchial and nasal passages
- When tired, sick or under significant stress; all three states prompt the immune system to react more severely to allergens
- Don’t exercise for at least two hours after an allergy shot to avoid significant side eﬀects.